Due to the important part each Usher plays in making worship at Northside a pleasant experience, those serving should be doing so of a willing heart. We encourage each person to prayerfully consider the following list of instructions and complete them to the best of your ability.
If you have any questions or need help please see the Head Usher or Assistant Head Usher.
Watch for visitors and help them find seating.
Be at your assigned door.
- Be at your assigned location at least 10 minutes before service starts
- Be friendly! Be sure to open doors for people coming in late.
- Pay close attention to people wanting to enter and exit Sanctuary.
- No children under age of 16 are permitted unless accompanied by or sitting with parents
To help be respectful, no one should enter the Sanctuary:
- When Choir is singing
- When a Special Speaker is speaking
- During Prayer or Scripture Reading
- Please dress neatly, no shorts
- Wear your Usher/Name Tag
- Be alert – expect the unexpected
- Be cheerful to everyone!
- Be a good example to all who come through the doors. Do not stay or sit in the Foyer and “visit” during service.