In 1967 the people at Northside wanted a way to teach the children more about Jesus Christ in a fun and different way and Awana was the answer.
There is a time for Bible stories, Bible verses to be memorized and game time. Awana’s goal is to train others to serve Him and this is being done with clubbers being saved each year.
- Cubbies* 3 – 5 years old
- Sparks* K – 2nd Grades
- T&T 3rd – 6th Grades
- Trek 7th – 9th Grades
- Teen Bible Study for 10 – 12th Grades in the White House from 6:30 – 8 pm each Wednesday.
*All children must be potty-trained to attend our AWANA Club
Parents and adults active in the children’s lives are encouraged to attend major events. Our club sponsors and/or participates in many fun and challenging activities. Check with your child’s director for any special events. Most of the time, a flyer is sent home with information or posted on our Facebook Awana Page. Not every activity listed here is scheduled each year.
- Parent Night: Special Night that Parents/Active Adult are encouraged to attend Club and enjoy a night with your clubber(s) and meet their leader.
- Fun Fair: An evening full of games and snacks.
- Walk-Thru the Bible: Kids love candy! And we want them to love the Word of God even more! This event allows kids to hear a Bible story from Bible characters and received candy that helps them to remember each story! Always the Wednesday before Halloween.
- Grand Prix: Sparks thru Trek can purchase cars kits build their car with parents at home or attend a workshop at church and build their car with parents and helpers.
- Children’s Christmas Shop: Children ages 3 – 12 who attend Northside are able to shop for family members living in their household.
- T&T/ Trek Store and Auction: clubbers earn Awana bucks for saying sections, bringing their Bibles, wearing uniforms, bringing a friend and participating in theme nights. Clubbers then can spend their bucks at the store held in the gym, store dates are announced to clubbers during AWANA time.
- Awards Night: This special night recognizes all the hard work your clubber has put forth during Handbook Time. Awards are handed out to those who have completed their handbooks throughout the club year. The Award night is the last night of the club year. Please invite family and friends out to show support for your clubbers!
PARENTS & ADULTS
before allowing your child to view this site be sure to preview first as the internet can change daily
- Dramatic Bible Audio Help children to understand what they are reading more clearly and memorize it for long term.
Each AWANA clubber has the opportunity to earn exciting awards throughout the club year. They come in the form of patches or pins. They are to be worn on the uniform. Ribbons, plaques, and trophies are given for completing handbooks. Each child is allowed to work at his/her own pace and will be guided and helped by a caring leader. In order to complete a handbook, follow these guidelines:
SUBJECT TO CHANGE – PLEASE VERIFY INFORMATION WITH CLUB DIRECTOR
- Cubbies work on 1 section per week
- Sparks can do up-to 5 sections on club nights
- T&T can do 1 section on club nights, make-up nights vary through-out the year
- Trek works through their Bible study during a club night, verse can be said to leader during week
We would love to see each and every clubber receive a completed book award at the End of Year Award Night. The awards represent good achievement and spiritual growth in the knowledge of God and His Word. We encourage all young people to strive for their highest potential.
Awana Youth Ministries has launched a new 3 year middle school curriculum. This new program challenges students to wrestle with the three most important questions they’re asking in middle school:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- Who’s with me?
By allowing students to dive deep into the Scriptures and answer these questions for themselves we allow them to own their faith and discover what they actually believe.
We are very excited about the new Trek and can’t wait to show it to you. If you have used Trek before, you will find the new Trek a welcomed update. If you have never used the Awana Middle School program with your church before, now is the perfect time to jump in.
Journey® establishes high school students as lifelong disciples through a deep study of God’s Word, mobilizing them to live with godly perspective and evident faith. Four complete years’ worth of material supports your 9th-12th grade high school ministry. Additional products, training materials, and awards are available.
Journey is a multi-year high school ministry curriculum with 4 main studies. Learn more about first three studies, Disciples with Josh Griffin, Advocates with Sean McDowell, and Witnesses, and get a sample lesson of each to see how the lessons can be adapted to fit your youth ministry.
AWANA MAJOR AWARDS AND CITATION REQUIREMENTS
Throughout Scripture, awards are given in recognition of special achievement or obedience. Awana values the commitment students have for growing in their faith. These are the major awards student may receive in Trek and Journey.
Timothy = 4 years of work
Meritorious = 6 years of work complete
Citation = 10 years of work complete
Our scholarship college or university program connects students with opportunities for ongoing education by rewarding them with financial scholarships from quality institutions. Recognizing the high caliber of students that emerge from Awana Youth Ministries, these schools are eager to provide scholarships for students who have reached various levels of achievement within the Awana® curriculum.